Our office hours will be changing September 1, 2022.  Please see the new hours on the flyer above.

Thank you to Bloomsdale Bank for their generous donation of $10,000 to the Ste. Genevieve License Office. We are very eager to get this office up and running, and it’s because of local businesses like Bloomsdale Bank who help make this possible.
We know the community is wondering and waiting on us to open, and we promise you, we are working very hard to make it happen. As of now the State has not determined an open date for us, however, all of our employees have been hired, they are awaiting training. Another factor in our time frame is the build out of our new location. The license office will be located at 753 Ste. Genevieve Dr. There is plenty of parking, handicap accessibility, and a very spacious office that we are sure our community will love. Please watch this page and our website for all details of our open date. We will keep you updated as things progress.
Pictured below are: Clint Wolk, License Office Board Member, Brian Keim, Bloomsdale Bank, Jason Blum, Chamber President, Robert Palmer, Bloomsdale Bank, Dena Kreitler, Executive Director of Chamber, and Greg Hilbert License Office Board Member.


753 Ste. Genevieve Dr, Ste. Genevieve MO 63670

What you need to know:
This license office is under new management under the direction of the Ste. Genevieve Chamber of Commerce. Our staff is new, so please be patient with us. This office will be customer friendly, and efficient to ensure that you the customer receive the best interaction and services while you visit the license office.

NEWS: What you need to know when coming into our office for license office services. 

Motor Vehicle

Valid proof of insurance

Bill of Sale

Title (if new purchase)

2 years of personal property taxes

Emissions test

Jefferson County, St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Charles, Franklin

Safety Inspection (10 years or older, and over 150,000 miles)

Renewal card

IDOD- if bought vehicle out of state, safety inspection



Personal property tax- 2 years if previous plate was 2 years)

Safety Inspection (10 years or older, and over 150,000 miles) 


If bought from dealer need title/certificate of origin, or form 108

If bought from person need bill of sale

Out of state need dealer invoice

If have lien, need lien release

Drivers License

Renewal card

1 proof of address

birth certificate- if CDL


Real ID

Birth certificate/passport

Social Security Card

2 proofs of address (over 21 no medical is accepted), W-2 or 1099

Marriage license, certified divorce decree, certified court papers

Other supporting system may be required


Permit/ New Driver’s License

Proof of identity

Social Security card

Proof of address (can be parent’s)

Driver examination Record


If preowned vehicle more than 6000 miles- need emissions if in that county

Temporary tags- proof insurance, safety inspection is required, bill of sale or title/ 108 form

Important Links