2021 Theme is “Who Are We”
This year’s theme is dedicated to our businesses. Please tell us who you are. Your type of business and the service you provide.
This scarecrow decorating contest is open to all businesses, and there is no fee to enter. Winner receives bragging rights, the traveling custom trophy that you can display in your business all year, and permanent commemoration of your win engraved on the trophy’s plaque.
Rules and Regulations for Entry
- To register for this event, you must submit your scarecrow idea and proposed location first for approval by the Chamber. All scarecrows must be approved by the Chamber before being displayed.
- There are no fees to enter.
- Scarecrow locations will be reserved on a first come, first served basis.
- Scarecrows must be placed on or near a post, lamppost, or sidewalk. Please refrain from blocking sidewalk accessibility.
- You may tie your scarecrow to a post after creation—but you may only use rope or wire to tie it to the post. NO nailing, stapling, or gluing any parts to the lamp post.
- You may include hay bales, mums, pumpkins, or other accessories around your scarecrow, but please keep sidewalks clear enough for safe pedestrian traffic.
- After approval, your scarecrow must be created and put on display no later than noon on Friday, October 22, 2021, judging will be done on Monday, October 25, 2021. Voting will be done by our community.
- You are responsible for removing your scarecrow and any associated debris by October 31st.
- If your scarecrow falls apart before the 31st, then you must remove all decorations and debris.
- To read the full list of rules and regulations, click here.
- If you have any questions, you can reach out to Dena at 573-883-3686 or via email (email@example.com).